So I’ve won some awards since I updated my “About” page. I was going to include some or all of these things in there, but that seemed like such a hassle when I can be lazy and just copy/paste them to a new page. Plus it will be easier for me to keep track of what I’ve shared if I get nominated for any more awards.
1. Stubborn: While I can be very conscious about following work rules, I have a tendency to do some things “my way”, especially when I don’t have a lot of supervision. It usually takes a while for me to be steered to follow a new/changed rule. Grumble.
2. I love animals. I would call myself more of a cat person than a dog person, but I love dogs too. My ex-wife had a horse (Moongirl) for a few years, and I enjoyed helping to brush and visit with her. She was a magnificent soul.
3. I played the trumpet growing up and sang in choruses and choirs through college. I love music and one the most enjoyable parts of going to church for me is the singing.
4. I would rather have a small number of followers who felt comfortable with the occasional comment (because God knows I like to voice my opinion from time to time) or “like” then hundreds of followers who pretty much ignore what I write. The idea of blogging being a contest to see who can get the most followers annoys me.
5. I believe that men and women can be good/great friends. One of my best friends is a woman and without her around at my darkest time I don’t know where I would be today.
6. I enjoy writing in different styles. My dear friend Terri St. Cloud writes in all lower case letters, so I adopt that form from time to time (channeling my inner terri). This year I started challenging myself to write in rhyming verse and I find that I really enjoy it. It can be difficult to find the right words so that something doesn’t sound cheesy or lazy. And then there is the form that I started in; my “super short story” form. That is probably the form I feel most comfortable with, but I am glad that I have branched out a bit.
7. I don’t like coffee or alcohol.
8. I love reading and will read books I really like many times.
9. I think most men are idiots.
10. I am a Christian.
11. I prefer reading a physical copy of a book or magazine as opposed to reading online.
12. I can be a bit anal at work as far as neatness but not so much at home.
13. I tend to babble when I write to others but I am much more quiet in person.
14. I was born in 1972
15. I have loved comic books since 1982 when my neighbor Mathew showed my brother and I G.I.Joe #1. Catching the scent of an old comic brings a smile to my face (circa 1970’s).
16. I started writing on a regular basis in the summer of 2011.
17. I am a thinker. I need to ponder things (sometimes off and on for years, but rarely that long) until the light bulb comes on. I think part of my problem is that a lot of times I assume someone means one thing so I just say the first thing that comes to mind. It isn’t until later that I realize they were probably talking about something else.
18. I am an introvert. I love quiet. Unless I am with the right person or group of people, after a couple of hours I begin looking for the closest exit.
19. I enjoy classic rock and 80’s music: Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, Scorpions, and Midnight Oil.
20. I am one of those annoying morning people.
21. While I love to write, I sometimes struggle with grammar.
22. I enjoy playing role playing and strategy games (Comic books and role-playing games? Yeah, I’m a bit of a geek).
23. I like to use song titles for the titles for my poetry.
24. I also like to use a song title to inspire me to write something on that subject.
25. If you are a fan of the band Van Halen (or know a little bit about them), you will know that most fans are in two camps. Those who like David Lee Roth as the front man and those who like Sammy Hagar. I happen to be an Eddie Van Halen fan, so it doesn’t matter to me who the singer is (I even like some of the songs that were written with Gary Cherone: the third and rarely mentioned front man of the band).
26. I sometimes enjoy putting a song on repeat. I can remember one night listening to the same song for at least two hours while having pre-season (American) football on mute and playing around on the computer.
27. I like to leave feedback to what other bloggers write. Usually it will be directly in their post but sometimes it will be a poem or short work of prose. This is especially true if it is a subject that I’ve seen multiple bloggers write about. A good example would be “I Forgive You.”:https://dermsstuff.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/i-forgive-you/