Amelie at http://myinvisiblecrown.org nominated me for…
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
2. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!) Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. Usually this is done on their “about” page and it’s good to leave a link to your post accepting the award so they know the rules for accepting their own award and what not.
3. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So seven random facts about moi
1. I love getting comments and having an opportunity to chat a little with those involved with my blog (and the blogs I follow). I look forward to that more than “likes” or followers because that is something more tangible. People will like something or follow you to get your attention. People rarely comment just to make you notice them.
2. I sometimes get nervous with comments I make both here and in personal interaction. I have a tendency to say something and have it misinterpreted.
3. I am a people pleaser. I am trying very hard since my divorce to be true to myself especially in new relationships. I don’t want to try to change to make somebody else interested in me.
4. I have been a bit of a workaholic the last four years; sometimes only taking a couple of days off a month. I am trying to cut back a little so that I can actually enjoy life and not be exhausted.
5. Speaking of being a workaholic, I am starting a new job today. It’s only part-time but there’s a good chance of me getting full time (hopefully before the year is out).
6. In September of 2013 my marriage came to an end (almost made it nineteen years) and I thought I would never find a love like that again. By November somebody new had entered my life and as we have grown as friends, it feels like love is back in my heart.
7. Amelie wanted to know why some people don’t accept awards. Let me tell you, coming up with all of this stuff to share gets hard after a while. And then you have to pick some more bloggers to nominate. All that for an image on your page. I have a feeling that pretty soon I won’t be accepting awards anymore.
So now I’m supposed to nominate 15 (ugh) bloggers for this award. Now I’m not much of a rule follower and 15 seems a little high especially since some who I would nominate don’t accept rewards, so we’ll see how this goes. An asterisk means I wanted to nominate them but they don’t want awards but please check out their blog anyway. =)
And now my nominees:
4. http://kattermonran.com *
8. http://michellemarieantellg.wordpress.com *
11. http://bonesigharts.blogspot.com *
12 out of 15. Not too shabby. =)